Monday, January 20, 2014

Gifts



My mother-in-law is "breaking up housekeeping" and its difficult for her.  She cherishes every thing in her house, whether it was a gift to her or whether she worked (hard) to pay for it.  I can understand how she feels.  I am very sentimental.  I have been given several  items (gifts) from her and I plan to post a series of blogs with the items she has given me.  I was in my garage yesterday going through a tote of items I was given.  A couple of items I spoke up and said, "If no one wants this, I would love to have it".  Two of the items are aprons that her mother and grandmother made.  One of my projects on my to do list is to cut a board and add some pegs to the board and display the aprons.  I have an apron that was my grandmothers that I plan to add to the peg board.   I was looking at the aprons and my husband said he remembers his mother wearing aprons especially on Sunday mornings.  His mom would get up early and cook Sunday lunch before breakfast so that when they got home from church, lunch would be ready.  I do that myself sometimes but I must confess that I love to go out and eat after church.  My mother loves Jacks so that is where we usually end up on Sundays.  Back to the aprons, I was wondering if anyone wears aprons anymore?  I know my mom does when she cooks.  Do you wear aprons?

No comments:

Post a Comment